Many people make the mistake of assuming that sleeping less than eight hours a day will not do any harm to the health. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is essential to understand the detrimental effects of lack of sleep on your health to ensure that you get the requisite hours of sleep every single day. A good mattress goes a long way in helping you sleep longer.
People with busy schedules often try to do everything on their schedule by cutting down on their hours of sleep. This can turn out to be a bad move as it impacts their health and wellbeing in the long run. Not getting enough sleep once in a while is not dangerous, although making it a habit will have a severe effect on your physical and mental health. The growing number of people who suffer from exhaustion is proof of how people do not seem to understand the vital role sleep plays in their wellbeing. Investing in an orthopaedic mattress from Wakefit can go a long way in helping them sleep better at night.
Common Symptoms Of Sleep Deprivation:
Some of the commonly seen symptoms of sleep deprivation include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Falling sick regularly
- Weight Gain
- Difficulty in completing simple tasks
- Finding it difficult to concentrate
- Feeling cranky & easily irritated
Effects Of Sleep Deprivation On Your Body:
Sleep deprivation causes several surprising effects to your body. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Sleep deprivation severely affects your cognitive abilities over time. This includes your ability to concentrate, reason, and solve problems and so on.
- People who don’t get enough sleep at night often find it difficult to retain information for a longer period.
- Driving without enough sleep is considered to equivalent to driving drunk as you are not able to take sudden decisions. Your brain also tends to be less alert than usual.
- Lack of sleep is often attributed to increased blood pressure. It can also lead to various heart ailments in the future. A memory foam mattress will help you sleep better.
- People who do not get enough sleep also experience a drop in their sex drive.
- Sleep deprivation also affects your coordination and balance, thereby making you susceptible to physical accidents like sudden falls.
How To Sleep Longer?
If you are finding it difficult to sleep for a longer period, you have come to the right place. The first thing you need to do is avoid all digital screens before bedtime. The blue light emitted by these screens often interferes with your body’s internal clock and stimulates the brain, thereby making it become more alert and resistant to falling asleep. The next step is establishing a bedtime routine. You can start by dimming the lights and creating a quiet and peaceful environment. This will help your brain get ready for bedtime and eventually drift off to sleep faster than usual. A high-quality natural memory foam mattress India can come in handy to fall asleep more quickly.
Another way of winding down your brain before bedtime is by reading to candlelight or trying out a 5-minute deep breathing exercise. Once your body gets used to your bedtime routine, you will notice that you can fall asleep quickly. You can soon say goodbye to tossing and turning at night. It is also essential to keep your room at an ideal temperature before you go to sleep. Experts recommend maintaining a cooler temperature as your body temperature goes down as you sleep. A high-quality mattress is also extremely useful in getting your body feel comfortable during bedtime. Type for the keyword “mattress buy online” to get an idea about the best ones which will help you improve your mental and physical health sooner rather than later.
If you are suffering from a severe case of insomnia, you might have to consider supplements to fall asleep. Studies have shown that magnesium helps your body get into the rest and relax mode very fast. It is also useful in reducing restlessness before you fall asleep.