Powerful software does not necessarily mean that you get the most work tracking software out of it. It must serve your cases and goals of organizational commitment. It is about flexibility and regulation. Familiarize yourself with key use cases and choose a solution that can be configured to meet the needs of your organization. The initiative to monitor the activities of your employees and users can be a very powerful tool for your company to ensure compliance, reduce risks, identify malicious ones, test, improve the productivity of users and teams and streamline processes.
Applications of employee monitoring
According to recent studies, 64% of employees use day-to-day jobs,and 85% of employees use their e-mail. With the correct implementation of employee monitoring software, these non-productive cycles can get reduced. For example:
- Use Workforce productivity tools to track active time versus idle time, late shifts, long breaks, and more.
- Use intelligent content-based rules to find clues about customer dissatisfaction to provide better service automatically.
- Classify productive/non-productive applications/sites and determine if employees get overloaded with applications.
- Define label rules to limit unproductive behavior.
- Track the time, performance, and cost of each project with external contractors and employees, reducing manual billing and monitoring.
Detection of internal threats
Internal threats are another important use case for implementing an employee monitoring solution. According to recent stats, 52% of companies believe that employees are the weakest link in IT security. Harmful or accidental threats; risk of intellectual property, trade secrets and loss of confidential data; misuse of IT systems by privileged users; infection of viruses, malware,and ransomware by those affected; external suppliers stealing their trade secrets: All are true and legitimate business concerns.
With Work Examiner, ’designed for compliance’ employee monitoring system, it’s simple to gather and preserve compliance:
- Automatically identify and classify personal information such as PII, PHI and PFI and create rules to minimize employee exposure and reduce the risk of default for them and the company.
- Enable automatic masking, removal, and dynamic blackout when employees access their personal information, by visiting your personal bank’s website, through personal emails or private chat conversations.
- It is continuing compliance with an embedded content-based behavioral machine that can immediately take action to detect anomalies or compliance violations.
- Generate automated audit trails for user activity, incident reports and violations, session recording, and session logs to meet compliance reporting requirements.
How do you decide what to do or what not to do when it comes to supervising employees? In particular, if you are a global company or a small company with remote workers, how do you deal with different countries? It’s not a size for everyone. It is where the need for a flexible employee monitoring solution comes into play. It has to be a Swiss Army knife.